|English: Nordic walking on a treadmill in a health club in Nürnberg, Germany Deutsch: Nordic Walking auf einem Laufband in einem Fitness Studio in Nürnberg (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
- Try varying your exercise program (treadmills can get boring).
- Listen to your favorite music or make a deal with yourself that you can only watch your favorite show (DVD box sets work great here) while you are on your treadmill.
- Don't put the treadmill in "that dark back bedroom" that you hate to go into (or--if you must--clean it, paint it and let in some light...and a TV/stereo!
- To burn even more calories and get some variation in your routine, alter the incline settings every 2 minutes to go up 3%. For example 0:00=1%, 2:00=3% 4:00=6%, etc... Keep going until you get to around 12-15%. And hold it until you feel ready to come back down. Then repeat the sequence coming down in percentage. presto! Instant hill.
- Don't do it everyday. You'll be sure to lose interest and it won't make working out a fun thing to do.
- Do it every other day or 3 times a week.